Usually, I love Christmas, winter, and all of the festivities therein, but since my grandma passed away last December and since I didn't get to see my family for Christmas this year, I just wasn't feeling it. We did, however, get to spend Christmas with some of Aaron's family in Richmond and that was enjoyable. It's always nice to reconnect. Aaron's brother and his fiancee will be here Saturday to spend the weekend with us. That will be fun, too. I'm excited to see them (Ryan & Stacy, if you're reading this, I'm really excited to see you both!!), but I'm just not in the holiday spirit. I'm ready to box up the decorations, ditch the tree in the woods, and optimistically plan warm weather activities. Come on, spring!
I'm hosting a "lunch and learn" Liberty chapter meeting for IDS on January 21st at Ferguson Enterprises (where I work). Guess who the featured speaker is! =) Not too shabby! I just remembered I need to pay my dues... haha.
Aaron and I watched "Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows" tonight (for free!). I loved it! I didn't watch the first movie, so I had a hard time following the beginning of the movie, but I eventually caught on to his personality. The cinematography was so cool! I loved the ending, but I don't want to spoil it. It was a really clean movie. I don't recall a single swear word and there was only one "nude" scene... of a fat, ugly man... no one was stumbling from that lol.
A few weeks ago, I found a bedding set I really liked at Macy's, but it was roughly $200. Earlier this week, I saw almost the exact same set at Ross for $31. Heck yes. Bedroom makeover for $160. The best part is that this quilt is machine washable, unlike the one we had before (that was always covered in dog hair). Decorating tip: don't make assumptions about discount stores (Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Goodwill, etc.) being grungy. Sometimes you can find really cool stuff and you can buy more of it because it's so much cheaper.
Funny story!! Last night, Aaron and I were hanging some pictures in our room. Right when I laid down, I noticed a stink bug crawling up the wall, so I asked Aaron to kill it. Poor guy. He didn't want to squish it, so he let it crawl onto the little cardboard package that the screws and anchors came in. He escorted it to the toilet and gave it a pass on the porcelain express. Well.... as he was dispatching the big, he also dropped a 3" screw into the bowl. I told him it would mess up the pipe if he didn't get it out. Aaron is a total germ-a-phobe. But he finally, begrudgingly shoved his bare hand into the cold, scary toilet water to retrieve the screw. Only (this is where it gets really funny), he got it jammed even worse! So he had his hand down the toilet for at least 15 minutes, all the while he exclaimed about how gross it was. By the way, this happened after midnight. Love him!! =)
-Jen
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment