Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Look Back on 2011

Happy New Year everyone! People always focus on their big goals for the next year, but forget to reflect on what has happened in the last year. I've been reflecting, but Aaron and I have only come up with 2 goals so far, but just because we were out of town last weekend and we have family in town this weekend.


2011, like any other year, had its ups and downs. 

January: my goals for the year were to graduate and find a job. Check and check!

February: I started the internship that led to my current job.

March: Aaron and I celebrated 4 years of marriage!

April: I survived the tornadoes. I had been staying at my grandpa's house in TN when we saw on the news that there was supposed to be a massive tornado outbreak across the southeastern US. I wanted to leave that morning and beat the storm home... but he wouldn't let me go. And I'm glad. That evening (before I would have gotten home), a tornado touched down about 3 miles from his house. We stayed in the basement and I prayed for hours. The next day on my way home, I saw numerous towns along I-81 that had been ravaged by the tornadoes right about the time I was driving home. Additionally, our home was untouched. Praise God!

May: After 6 years, I graduated from college! That was such an exciting time in my life. I was ready to take life by the horns and whip it into submission. Still working on that ;)

June: Aaron and I started Jensen Home Staging and Design, LLC. We went to Hershey Park as our graduation vacation. And I interviewed for a job right next to where my mom works and my parents live... but turned it down.

July: I was given the opportunity to freelance a few jobs. I was still a little disappointed that I had not found a full-time job yet. Aaron and I went to Natural Bridge and their caverns for his birthday.

August: I was hired full time at Ferguson. This was also the first season of my life that I did not go back to school... it was odd.

September: The weekend prior to starting my job, Aaron and I spent a lovely weekend in DC. 

October: I got my first paycheck! That's about as exciting as October was. Mostly, we tried to adjust to life with 2 working spouses. It was a difficult transition...

November: Happy Thanksgiving! As embarrassing as this is, Aaron and I created our first ever budget. First. In 4 years of marriage. Before, we had always just kind of paid our bills and not spent much on ourselves. It was so empowering to feel like we were in control of our money rather than asking our bank account's permission to spend it.

December: Aaron and I saw lots of family members and made some big life decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment