We're getting closer to Monday. Today, I went to Forest Family Physicians for my adult wellness exam. I have not had a comprehensive physical like that since my pre-college checkup in 2005. This was even more thorough than that.
The doctor was wonderful. I felt like he really listened to me and he knew much more than the other doctors I have been seeing. He said b/c of my bad periods, I need about twice as much iron than what is in my multivitamins. I'll have to buy those tomorrow. He also had their lab draw blood to check my thyroid. Apparently my gynecologist should have checked that after the one year of trying to get pregnant mark. He was confused as to why she had never done a blood panel. I won't have the results until next week though.
He also told me to lose weight... sadness. I'm 5'5" and weighed 138 lbs this morning. Apparently I'm supposed to be closer to the 130 mark than to 140. I already knew that though. I feel so fat and swollen. All I eat anymore is sugar, salt, and grease. The morning of our wedding, I was 123 lbs. Over the summer, I walked 2-5 miles almost every single night. Apart from a brief walk Tuesday night, I have not exercised in MONTHS. So tomorrow (pay/grocery day), it starts. Salads. Vegetables. Fruits. Sports drinks. Supplements. Herbs. Exercise. Joy. (Not really.) I have been saying this forever, but I really MUST stop eating sugary treats. I wish I didn't love and crave them so much. I also have to start my vitamin regiment again. Prenatal vitamins (which I've used for years), iron tablets, fish oil, and vitamin D. This all started when I took this job. We eat all the time there. And I am always too tired to motivate myself to exercise when I get home. Oh well. Change is in order.
The plumber came by to give me an estimate on replacing our bathtub. I'm still waiting for him to put together a quote, but by what he described the process being like, I have a feeling this is going to be far beyond our budget. He'll have to rip out our drywall on both sides of the tub, cut a hole through the kitchen ceiling to fix the plumbing that the lazy builder didn't install correctly, take out some of our tile flooring, etc. So, we've pretty much determined that sounds like it'll be over $1,000 (+ products). Oh well. My dad is going to come down Saturday and try to repair the damage with a fiberglass repair kit. Yay for dads!
My brother is coming over for dinner. I have white chili in the crockpot. It smells delectable, but I won't get to taste it until 5:30. Fortunately, this meal is about as healthy as they come. Just chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), beans, chicken stock, onions, garlic, and spices. We shall see.
And I'm very much enjoying having a day off! Last week I worked 48 hours with Sunday as my only day off. It's nice to rest.
Just a suggestion to add to your daily regiment. Start taking an extra magnesium, because first it is false that calcium makes our bones strong (well, that is somewhat true, but not entirely) your body can't absorb cal w/o mag. Plus you lose a lot of both iron and mag around that time of the month. My mom took mag every day for bad period cramps. She said it only helps if you take it everyday. Also, start taking either a B50 or B100 everyday. It will help in sooooo many ways. It is especially good for energy and getting female hormones in order. I need to start getting back on track with taking all that stuff. A lot of this info you can find reading studies etc online. Some doctors agree the above is true, and of course some think it does nothing. It doesn't hurt to give it a try.
ReplyDelete