Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Doctor 1 of 3

Well, hands down, today's exam was the most pleasant experience I have ever had in 4 years of going to Women's Health Services. They have always been seriously awful. Some examples of this:

-Making me pay for an entire pelvic exam up front even though my insurance would cover it 100%, and then sending me a partial refund 4-7 weeks later.

-Not seeing me until at least 30 minutes after my appointment time.

-Not listening to me. Not having any compassion toward my condition. Never referring me to a specialist.

Last night I was so anxious (in a bad, bad way) that I was crying. Seriously.  I just knew they were going to make me mad and charge me a lot of money and not care about me. So Aaron pulled me close and prayed for me as a flood of snot and tears deluged his shirt. Love him. And today, he went with me to my exam so that if they tried to make me pay $200 some dollars for a FREE exam, he could talk to the office manager and fix it. Sigh of relief. I prayed for about 5 minutes before I even checked in. The receptionist was really professional and didn't charge me anything (yay!!). I only waited about 4 minutes (if that) before they called me back. They listened to me, asked me questions, and answered my questions. I was in and out in under an hour and the doctor personally gathered my medical records to take with me Monday.

This may sound dramatic or ridiculous to you, but it was big to me. And God took care of every detail. Thank You, Lord!

So, tomorrow I have a day off (yay!) and I'll have my annual wellness exam. Then we're getting our new bathtub, tile, and trim/valve installed. And finally on Monday, we'll have some options or direction.

By the way, this is the place we're doing on 1/23: http://rmscva.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment