Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Air Traffic Control

Ok, now that we can talk about this publicly, I can blog more often!

Everything that reads this blog and most of the people who know us also know that Aaron has been trying to get back into aviation. He considered a career in aircraft maintenance for a while. He talked to recruiters in the Navy and Air Force, but he was too old to do anything aviation related. Then over the last few weeks we've been praying and diligently trying to figure out what it is that he needs to do and where we need to go.

About two weeks ago, he got back in touch with one of his buddies from the aviation department at Liberty. He had graduated a semester before Aaron and is now an air traffic controller at ROA. Well, this friend has a friend who works in the LYH control tower and Aaron was invited to spend a day up there. He got to talk to him about the different paths to becoming an ATC.

Last night (Monday), Aaron applied to 3 of the only 31 FAA ATC programs in the country. Today, he got an email from one and a call from another saying he'd been accepted! One is in Texas. The other is in Baltimore. I'm from Baltimore. My parents live in Baltimore. This is obviously the prime choice (+ it's cheaper!).

And a lot of the required courses are ones he took at Liberty! He's going to the school in Maryland next week to sit down with someone and review his transcripts. They'll do a course audit and determine which courses he needs to take and when.

So, God willing, come August, we will be out of Lynchburg! The rub is: to work for the FAA, you have to be hired by your 31st birthday. Aaron has 27 months to get this done!


This is such an exciting time in life and I ask that you'll pray for us! Please pray that Aaron will get hired by the FAA before his 31st birthday. Even if he doesn't, he said there are other companies that do different aspects of ATC and they don't have the same restrictions.

In other exciting news, our good friends, the Schroders are expecting! Now, normally I would not blog about someone else's pregnancy. Whatever. But this is so exciting because they tried for 7 years to get pregnant and then got pregnant without intentionally trying! This gives me some hope, which is fantastic because I am back on Clomid again. This is my 2nd cycle using it; 50 mg dosage. Last time was in March, when we thought for sure I was pregnant and then was told I might have a leutal phase deficiency causing me to miscarry. I was really upset after that whole experience and didn't want to use Clomid anymore. But we decided to try again. Please pray for this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment