Friday, May 18, 2012

Where are you?

Well hello! It has been one month and two days since the last time I blogged. I have been so busy! I wake up between 6:05 and 6:45 every morning, depending on how many times I smash the snooze buton and whether I ironed an outfit the night before. I leave my house for work at 7:45am every weekday except for Wednesdays, when I leave at 7:15. I get home around 5:30 every week night. I try to go to bed around 10:30, or I will feel absolutely drained the next day. That gives me a grand total of 5 hours each day to make & eat dinner, play with/take care of pets, run errands, clean the house, spend time with Aaron, do my devotions, and hopefully spend a little time on myself. I just feel like I am going, going, going all day with no end in sight. Ever. I don't mean to complain, because I am fortunate to have a job. This time last year, I was praying every day to find a job. I had far too much time on my hands and for that I felt guilty. I miss those days! lol 

Here are some updates on the Jensens:

Military: No. For a while, Aaron was seriously looking into trying to get into Naval Aviation. He felt good about it based on all the info he was able to track down. Then the recruiter happened. He strung Aaron along for weeks and then finally told him he was too old. Applicants for Naval Aviation must be commissioned by their 27th birthday... he will be 29 in July. It was a blow, but he moved on. He talked to an Air Force recruiter once and hasn't heard back from him. We have a feeling their age requirement is similar. It's ok though. He tried and the reason he can't do it is outside of his control. So, military is out. This is ok though, beacuse every time an opportunity is shut down, that's one more question answered.

Crafting: I have been crocheting. A lot. I want to start selling handmade headbands, corsages, hair flowers, etc. Little things. I haven't decided how I want to go about doing this yet. I got information about selling on Etsy, but between Etsy's share and PayPal's share, the seller isn't left with much profit. I don't have any pictures with me at the moment, but the accessories are really cute and I think I might rather sell them on eBay, at yardsales, or on my website. We'll see. I suppose I'll actually get to use the Fashion Merchandising aspect of my degree! haha Hopefully this will at least contribute to being able to go on vacation.

Ninja Wedding: Aaron is in a wedding next month. A "Lord of the Rings" themed wedding. When he first told me about his groomsman attire, he referred to it as "a black ninja suit". I was horrified. I don't remember there being any ninjas in LOTR... When I came home from work yesterday, Aaron was standing at the front door in this black silk suit... and it was actually cute! It could not fit him more perfectly, so YAY for not having to have it tailored. It's 100% silk, so I'm worried about it lasting after he wears it. Not that he'd ever wear it as street clothing. But still, it was kind of expensive. I'm interested to see this wedding though. The concept is really creative!

Joe's Graduation: My brother, Joe, graduated from Liberty! And everyone except my dad and me got sunburned! hehe I'll post pictures of that later in a different post.

Traveling: We have been to Charlottesville, Williamsburg and Jamestown in the last couple of weeks. Next month, we have an out of town wedding in nowhere-ville, a weekend trip to visit my grandpa in TN, and I work the other 2 Saturdays. June is going to be the death of me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment