Wednesday, February 1, 2012

More Tests

Today was a really awful day. I mean, a day where I went into the bathroom and cried twice. I'm not going to write about that though. Just know that some of my emotions are playing into everything else I'm going to write about.

I was supposed to start using Clomid tomorrow. I've already gotten it from the pharmacy. Aaron and I had been praying that it would work. Etc. When we went to Dr. Williams last time, he said I needed to come back to have a procedure done to check for uterine fibroids (tumors in the uterus, usually benign, but could be cancerous). He thinks that may be causing an issue with implantation as well as be the reason for my horrible periods. Anyway, we got the price sheet from the office coordinator on our way out. She looked me in the eye and told me that everything except IVF and IUI was covered by our insurance. When I called to schedule this procedure earlier this week, they asked if I had started using Clomid yet and I told them no, and they said, "If you start using it, your insurance won't cover this procedure." It's $447! And they might want to do one more test with it that is $635. So, if we use this $9 medicine, we'll have to shell out over $1,000 next Tuesday. $1,000 that we don't have. So, we're going to wait to use Clomid until I get the results back from the SIS and HSG. So, yes, I'm disappointed. And on top of that, if I do have fibroids, I'll have to get a biopsy, a myomectomy, or possibly a hysterectomy. I just can't handle this. Maybe I'm overreacting, but just knowing there is a possibility of any of that... I'm 24 years old. This isn't supposed to happen to people my age. So yeah... it's a lot going on.

And, I will say this about my day. I have two co-workers who continue to treat me like their personal assistant. I'd like to give them both a kick in the pants. That's all I'm going to say about that. Forgive, forgive, forgive. 

Last night, we went for a walk and ended up walking 4 and 1/2 miles. Definitely the most exercise I've gotten in a while. It was  relaxing though. And today was beautiful! I had the windows open at home and the outside door opened at work. 

1 comment:

  1. Jen, just said a prayer for you... I know it must be hard. God has a plan for you even if it doens't look pretty now, trust and follow him and all things will work together for good.

    ReplyDelete