One of my friends treated me to coffee today (thank you! You know who you are.). This friend and I have gone through some of the same struggles and situations in the area of infertility. One thing we talked about was how some people get so obsessed with getting pregnant or being pregnant that they talk about little else and really alienate their friends who are not or can not experience all of that. I hate when people do that. Hate it. But I feel like I have done it here, lately. This blog is not about the Jensens' babbying adventure. It's not. I don't have much time for blogging though and that seems to be the only thing exciting enough in my life worth mentioning. So, I'm going to make more of an effort to include other happenings of our lives in this blog.
Last night we had some friends over for dinner and then went to Yogurt Yetti. Gooooood times.... lol. Today after my doctor's appointment, we went to Red Robin. I think I'm ready to eat at home for a while.
Next month, Aaron and I will have been married 5 years! We are going away for the weekend, but we're still undecided as to where. Originally we had planned to go to Williamsburg, but now we're thinking DC. We have been to DC twice in the last 5 months, but there is a lot to do and better hotel choices. On the other hand, colonial Williamsburg is really interesting and romantic and there is a restaurant I want to try that was supposedly George Washington's favorite. I guess we'll have to decide soon though.
I've also requested to use a floating holiday and get Valentine's Day off. If it's approved, we're going to have lunch at the Ploughcroft Tea Room downtown. I've wanted to go there since last spring, but they're only open from like 11am-3pm and we're always working then.
For those of you interested in how my procedure went today: It went great! Everything was normal and healthy looking. Praising God! If you want more details, send me a message or leave a comment and I'll provide. There is also a funny story =)
In the car on the way home, I said, "My cervix hurts." And Aaron said with all seriousness, "What is a cervix?" LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment