So, I'm looking for advice today. Here's the sitch: Aaron has to take 10 vitamin pills (yes, ten) a day. The first 6 are no big deal. He just scarfs them down with orange juice in the morning. The problem comes from one vitamin. One very stinky vitamin. A vitamin that stinks so bad, it smells like diarrhea, sulfur, and dead fish all combined. I would complain about taking it, too. The olfactory offender: Selenium.
| From left to right: Men's One A Day, L-Carnitine, Omega-3, two Vitamin D's, zinc, and Selenium. |
And I am absolutely not exaggerating about the smell. I set out his vitamins for him this morning and I had to leave the room because I felt like I was going to be sick. And he has to put them in his mouth. Three times a day.
Why all the hassle? Doctor's orders. Actually, the doctor wanted him to use a vitamin that is $150/month. And that just can't happen. This way, a month supply is more like $45. Mine come out to about $2 a month.
So, do any of you have good ideas for making this disgusting vitamin less disgusting? He's admitted to not taking the Selenium sometimes because of the smell. So, anything that can help it be less nasty would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Also, one of my amazing friends (I can't say who yet!) just found out she is pregnant after her first cycle of Clomid, which is the medicine my doctor has prescribed for me to start using in a few weeks. I'm excited for her! But I'm also really excited that this medicine worked for her and hopeful that it will work for us as well.
Also, one of my amazing friends (I can't say who yet!) just found out she is pregnant after her first cycle of Clomid, which is the medicine my doctor has prescribed for me to start using in a few weeks. I'm excited for her! But I'm also really excited that this medicine worked for her and hopeful that it will work for us as well.
-Jen
Maybe try mixing the vitamin in with something like peanut butter so that the nasty smell is covered up? Since it smells bad already, I don't know if this would work, but you could try blending into a fruit smoothie, or something else good tasting that could hide the smell?? None of the vitamins I take are particularly nasty smelling though, so I don't know if either suggestion would work :/
ReplyDelete